Powered By Blogger

My Blog List

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Minasan Genki? Hisashiburi desu. Kyou no burogu wa hajimete no bideo burogu de gozaru. Yoroshiku.

This is my first video blog. It's a collection of videos from around my area and also every video that you see is a stop on my cycle tour. A lot of these bring back memories of when I lived in Harajuku and Shibuya as well as the time I spent working in the skyscrapers of Shinjuku. Yes, I used to have REAL jobs at places like Microsoft, Cisco Systems and Opera Software. I am at that critical juncture of my life where I am trying to make a decision whether or not to continue working in the hi-tech arena or focus on my blogging, GPS map making and tours. The company life was cool and I worked with some great people and I got to travel the world on business trips to places around Europe, the Middle East, and just about everywhere in Southeast Asia. Anyway, Please give me some feedback so that I can make a decision.


These guys are the absolute greatest. You have to see them in person because the video, although good is nothing compared to real life. I used to live just down the street and I spent every Sunday in the park with my friends and I never got tired of seeing these guys.



I did a quick calculation and I realized that I've done the 'Shibuya Shuffle' 1000+ times. Maraih Carey did a real stupid thing one day and pulled into the center of the intersection in her limo and got out and started dancing. Well that caused some serious delays and I couldn't even cross and the traffic was halted.



I now live just down the street from here and I do the hanami party every year. It is so crowded during cherry blossom season that every single patch of grass is covered with people. Sometimes you have to walk around for an hour just to find a tiny plot just to sit cross-legged and eat your bento.


This is taken from a famous overpass in Nishi-shinjuku that appears in just about every television drama on TV. I used to work in the big black skyscraper on the left and I can see my old office window . I remember my first day in Japan and I was totally overwhelmed with Nishi-Shinjuku after all I came from Windsor, Ontario Canada and all we had was the Detroit skyline with a river separating us. Thank God for that river.


This is normal in 'the Park' . Now you can see why I liked to hang out here every weekend. The entertainment factor was great so you never got bored.


This is where I spend a lot of my time these days because I like to blog about it and it's fun not to mention I live five minutes away. My favorite time is dawn when the hostesses and hosts exit the clubs staggering down the streets and the yakuza pimps are getting an early start on the day. I sit in my regular window seat on the second floor of McDonalds with my camera and laptop and blog and shoot photos.

Well that's about it for now. I make it a point to keep the blog alive and updated so you may want to get an RSS feed going.

Yoroshiku...

The Shinjuku Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment